History Teacher at Finnegan High School
Finnegan High School
She is portrayed by Paula Shaw. Olena Venidiktova portrays a younger version of her.
Mrs. Byrne is commonly portrayed as a stereotypical old person, cranky, forgetful, prone to falling asleep, etc. She very often forgets things, even important things, such as in Mr. Elderman where she forgets she's at a funeral and steals one of the wreaths. She is also often portrayed as strict, and gullible. As well as being well behind with the times, and referring to obsolete technology as if it was still in use, or dead people as if they were alive. She also commonly uses 1930's slang. It's implied she is somewhat obsessed with the War of 1812, as when she was made Principal, she renamed everything after it and even made it the school's mascot. (Mr. First Impression). On some occasions, she has a tendency to remove her clothing, to everyone else's horror.
One of the two massive recurring gags about Mrs. Byrne in the series is her age, she is commonly implied to be ancient. In Mr. Masterpiece, she is revealed to have been working at Finnegan High since at least the 1930's, yet still looks exactly the same. In Mr. DNA, she had a flashback taking place in 1885, yet still looked exactly the same, placing her age at over 100 years. In Mr. Younger Man, she claims to have seen Halley's comet 6 times already which would put her between 375 and 456 years old. In Mr. Servant, she claims to have been Miss Constantinople which puts her age up to at a minimum 558. In the same episode, she mentions surviving two Crusades in her bunker which puts here to 763-757, assuming she meant the last two crusades. In Mr. Candy, she mentioned her love died in 1412. In Mr. Young, Tater notes this stating "there's certainly no maximum age (to be a teacher)". In Mr. Tickleschmootz, it's mentioned she's been alive so long that she has developed immunity to every known illness. In the same episode when she was on a fake cruise, Derby yells "iceberg ahead", and she replies with "Oh no. Not again", implying that she was on board the Titanic when it sank in 1912. In Mr. First Impression, she mentions to Adam that he will get used to being 'stuck here forever', saying the first 1,000 years are the toughest which puts her at least 1,000 years old. In Mr. Elf, she was shown as one of the vikings who was brought to the future through a time machine from 1063. In Mr. Shakespeare, she's revealed to believe in Ancient Egyptian Mythology, placing her age at over 2,000 years. In the Christmas special, Mrs Byrne stated that when she was young, they gave gifts like gold, frankincense, and myrrh meaning that she is about 2,000. In Mr. Hyde, when Echo said that yoga was around for 5000 years, Slab says "So's our instructor", indicating she's over 5000 years old. Throughout Mr. Discovery, she had been appearing in the gang's scientific discovery stories, appearing in Echo's Marie Curie presentation (1898), Derby's Thomas Edison presentation (1879), and Slab's fire discovery 1.7 million years ago. In Mr. Spring Break Part 2, Mrs. Byrne said "I never thought I would crawl back into the ocean" placing her age between 530 Million and 440 Million years old. Also In Mr. Spring Break, it is mentioned that she still remembers the time before the sun was even born, placing her age at over 10 billion years. In Mr. Alligator, Derby says "A scaly, leathery prehistoric beast," where Mrs. Byrne then believes he was talking about her, implying she's actually prehistoric. In an alternate timeline, 65 years after the events of Mr. College, an elderly Slab is shown at the college where Echo went to, and apparently, she shows up STILL alive at the college to confiscate his diploma saying in history that there was no war in 1812 which is the war she has been teaching the whole time and then gets sent Slab back to high school.
- She can sleep with her eyes open.
- She wears an adult diaper.
- She takes anti-gas pills.
- She had brown hair when she was younger, but always wears a wig because she became bald as she aged, unlike Tater who doesn't (but wishes to) wear a wig consistently.
- In episodes where her wig is removed, some strands of brown hair could be seen, proving brown was her natural hair colour.
- Despite constantly teaching about the War of 1812, in some episodes, she feels as if there wasn't a war.
- Her mother and grandmother are still alive as well.
- She has been to have been married several times before, yet her loves always die while she survives due to her aging immunity. She also has grandchildren who are all elderly as well.
- She occasionally uses 1930s slang.
- She has a habit of taking certain surprised remarks as an answer.
- She and Tater have kissed a few times in the series, much to the latter's horror.
- According to Derby's story in Mr. Discovery, she was the cause of the blindfold's invention.
- She enjoys dancing, and can dance quite well.
- She still uses old items, and she has a tendency to use stone tablets as well.
- During Finnegan's cheerleader ban, she had been the only cheerleader in the school, causing the students to regurgitate and Dang to clean it all up.
- She only crossdresses as Principal Tater.
- Slab described her as a "somewhat more masculine Tater".
- Her memory is almost eidetic, yet it is rarely used due to her senile nature.
- She could appear out of nowhere in a similar fashion to Dang.
- Her favourite person is Lady Godiva, which explains her habit of removing her clothes.
- According to Tater, her file describes her as "Dangerously Inept".
In the series, Mrs. Byrne seems to be attracted to any old character namely:
- Mr. Elderman
- Santa Claus
- Apollo Biggs
- Albert Einstein (Fantasy)
- Sir Richard
- Master Ki