|Season 1, Episode 9|
|Orig. air date|| May 17, 2011 (CAN)|
October 6, 2011 (USA)
|Written by||Ryan W. Smith & Jamie Davis|
|Directed by||Adam Weissman|
"Mr. Big Brother"
Adam convinces Echo to sing in the school talent show without realizing she's a terrible singer.
When no one is willing to sign up for the talent show, Mr. Tater offers a get out of detention free card as incentive to sign up. Because no one is getting detention, except for Derby, Tater starts to make new rules in order to give out detentions. When he sees Ivy texting in the hall, he tells her that there is a new rule against it. To avoid getting detention and having to sign up for the talent show, Ivy tries to use different forms of long distance communication, but Tater bans them all. Echo signs up for the talent show at school and decides to sing, a decision which Adam encourages at first. But when he hears her singing voice, he tries to change her mind without hurting her feelings. Meanwhile, Derby searches for a talent to use in the show.
- Brendan Meyer as Adam Young
- Matreya Fedor as Echo Zizzleswift
- Gig Morton as Derby
- Kurt Ostlund as Slab
- Emily Tennant as Ivy Young
- Milo Shandel as Principal Tater
- Eric Pollins as Sergio
- Derby showing a talent (musician, magician) to the students, and then Slab is being annoyed by him so he pushed Derby downstairs and Derby cracking something (trumpet, magic wand) with his back.
- This is the first time Adam's class has clapped for his work.
- Evel Knievel - Derby's costume is based on Evel Knievel.